Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rodin Museum

We had the pleasure of going to the Rodin Museum, the collection housed in what was an old hotel surrounded by a picturesque garden. Inside I met the bust of Ms. Potter Palmer. I noted that she was from Chicago and HOwhow immediately became enthralled of the fact that we both hailed form Chicago (He liked to capitalize on that point often perhaps he is bred by Michiganders) I loved the woman crawling out of a basin in front of an open window that overlooked the gorgeous grounds. She was almost otherworldly in the circular fluidity of her body and basin. The kiss was as always insanely romantic with the figures so intertwined like puzzle pieces fitting into each others arms. Howhow also discussed the dance figures in great detail and had me say what I could about their nature he commented on my impeccable pedigree from he heard I went to Interlochen. If only all, including me, saw the wonders he sees. Roses framed the sculpture outside of a door that depicted something biblical.

No comments:

Post a Comment