Friday, March 6, 2009
Wifi...that's what she said
I finally got internet. Marcel, madame’s engineer friend was supposed to come last week but he was on vacance so yesterday madame said “Marcel will come demain to fix the wifi and I shall make him dinner at 20h”. In preparation for his arrival she went to the kosher market and bought a kosher chicken, pita, hummus, Israeli soda, and chocolate cake. It was so sweet of her! She said the place was not far and everything was kosher. I got the idea that this was going to bee some dinner. I waited for this infamous Marcel. At 20h30 the doorbell range and in came Marcel, they chatted for a bit and I made my entrance when madame said come meet the jeune fille. Probably in his 40s or 50 he was very charming with scarve wrapped just so and a debonair smile, twinkle in his eye he fixed my wifi. And I was overjoyed. The next few hours were spent quite merrily. Amongst hors doeuvres of peanuts, hummus, pita chips and wine we listened to music and madame grooved. marcel told about deezer a great website for listening to music. Madame showed him her technological trinkets, I didn’t enter her room but something was glowing in there the whole night that kept changing colors from red to orange to pink to green to blue a nice background color to the immense amount of wine consumed and music playing and laughter stirring. The chicken was delicious as were the potatoes and salad. We finished off nicely with chocolate cake and red wine. I think madame enjoyed herself immensely, she went crazy when I showed her gmail video chat and was blowing kissed to my friend from dc. I felt quite comfortable even though I was half way around the world being wined and dined by a stranger and her man friend. We translated each other’s words and laughed at the similarities and accent changes. I showed her my life in the states on facebook and she showed me hers and now we are officially facebook friends. Dido was danced to, I made them laugh when I tried to say at my school a mon ecole but it came out as a Monaco? I still don’t understand why they think that was funny something about Monaco being a different country and them drinking wine and its really unimportant. One of those things that will never get answered in life. The radio played heather’s fav song. It was so strange to her it there as opposed to on the couch in 517 without heather reciting the words. Convivial evening. Madame was wearing a belly shirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
well... it seems to me you posted many things at once, so I am only commenting on this one! I very much apperciate you telling me more about where you are, everything was very fascinating, and you ansered all the questions i was curious about.
ReplyDeleteGood stories.
well, I'll be off now. I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight, maybe staying in, i'm a little tired, but I would like to go out. It was so warm today! ALMOST 60!
sweet dreams my duckling!
-austin