The packed the day away and everything fit thanks to the four boxes I sent home beforehand which was such a feat. I have come to the conclusion that I am afraid of post offices/mailboxes. I always think my mail will never have the hoped outcome. The first time I went to the post office I had to have Marina come for me and ask for four boxes which was hillarious because the man knew I spoke French because I answered his questions. So he was aware that Marina was doing the talking yet I knew what she was saying. He was very kind and accommodating with a smile. So then I dragged my boxes thru the metro which was silly because everyone probs knew I should have gone to the closest post office to my house. And after I filled them I had to carry them two by two to the post office where I found out I hadn't sealed them correctly but there again a kind man fixed them and said he would look after them. 2 angels at the post office thank goodness.
So I did go to modern class on my last day. It was a very easy free flowing class with a nice teacher sporting a blond puff of curly hair. I left class reading a new text message-the first of many I would receieve throughout the day from Ryan asking how I was and what the deal was with La fete de la musique( on the longest day of the year in Paris they play music everywhere late into the night) at every street corner there are musicians and bands and singers. You never know which cafe may have a performer or where the next notes might waft through the air. I walked home from the studio a new way....when I first came to Paris I was impressed that Marina knew the area she lived in, the 6th so well, so I was inspired to get to know the 11th and that I did. I knew how to get around from metro to metro and I learned which streets morphed into others and I knew the route to Place des Voges like the back of my hand and the curved road of Richard Lenoir which lead to the Bastille. I got lost on the endless winding roads of Le Marais passing chic gay cafes, Orthodox men clad all in black, and the most stylish boutiques one could ever imagine all housed in quaint Parisian buildings build shoulder to shoulder. I watched people relax in cafes on a lazy sunday and I then packed the day away. My room became as I had entered it silent and still and empty however I had left plenty of dust particles and hair I assure you. I texted people all day waiting waiting to explore the music and no one ever seemed to respond. Finally, Marina and I set up plans to meet at Louvre-Rivoli and I prepared to bid farewell to Muriel for the moment. She had a word of advice to give, warning that people would be everywhere and I should watch my purse and set up meeting spots in case I got lost from my party. She also said that my cell phone might not work because so many people would be using theirs. Thank you Muriel, those would not be my concerns though hehe. I met Marina in front of the Comedie Francaise where a choir was singing being watched by an actor in heavy make up up on the terrace of the theater. We then walked through Palais Roayle where once gambling and prostitution had ruled among the high classes, one would never know it strolling under the perfectly lined trees which open up onto a beautiful fountain which happened to be spouting out water in the shape of a fleur de lis. There are modern columns there as well of all different heights painted with thick black stripes a famous piece of art. We saw two young girls playing the violin and singing and a wonderful opera singer beneath the more ancient columns. We kept walking and eventually walked our way through le Pompidou area and le Marais, the first area sported some dance parties outside full of alcohol but le marais was full on a gay techno party in the streets with naked men dancing out of windows and on platforms. We passed a small garden behind a fence that had glowing bubbles on the grass that looked like little fairy eggs about to hatch hehehe. Then I took care of some unfinished business ( as Marina calls it) with a friend of mine that worked in a kosher creperie. I was really happy with myself that I had had the guts to do it and i got a beautifully made white chocolate crepe out of it, made with special care. Finally my friends began to text me and we met up with some other girls by Places Des Voges and we all sat on the curb and street, watching some guzzle wine. We heard bands jam and walked by an older group of French who were waltzing. It was very old fashioned and quite French.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment